Since this app was first developed for iOS, the target market was iPhone owners. Additionally, this group of users cared about improving their photography skills, and were willing to download a tool to improve their photos.
|The Whole Experience||
We went through multiple scenarios based on persona and mapped out the experience points. This helped us focus on the features we critically needed and determine which were “good to have.”
|Build the Prototype||
After gathering the required features, I designed the interface from the ground up. I started with sketches, moved them into Photoshop/SKETCH, and began to stitch the pieces together. I then created a consistent navigation pattern. To develop the interaction quickly, we opted to use Marvel, a free online prototyping tool. The PSD/SKETCH sync feature worked great with rapid prototyping and we had interactions that were rich enough for user testing.